Subject: re: [Leica] Godfrey's Heliar pic; some of mine; and some actual Leica pictures
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:10:32 -0700

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the compliments! And if I may return them, some very nice
pictures of yours too!

>BTW, in case it isn't obvious: take the "non" out of "nonmac" in all
>the URLs above, and you should get pictures which look more okay
>displayed in the bleachingly-pale Mac environment.

Hmm. I downloaded both and put them side by side. The corrections you
have in your "mac" version pictures are too dark on my calibrated
AppleVision 1710 monitor, the "nonmac" versions are much better. The
darker calibrations work well on my PowerBook G3/300's LCD monitor,
though. (LCD screens tend to have a low "shoulder" and blast all the
upper 3 Zones into bleached whiteness.)

They are just a tad larger than can be seen on the screen in one look at
my standard screen resolution of 1024x768 (low density, I know, but I try
to keep my tired old eyes from too much strain with a slightly lower
pixel density). Going up to 1280x1024, they image beautifully!

best,
Godfrey