Subject: Re: [Leica] Mo' Bettah: The 35mm Summicron
From: Robinsnes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 07:29:05 EDT

    It makes me feel old to realize that I use the 35mm summicron as a
standard lens when carrying my Leicas. I also carry a standard 50mm
collapsible on my M4-2, which if I believed some of the hype is an out of
date camera and lens. They suit my old fashioned photography just fine and I
do not feel the need for more clutter in the viewfinder. The camera bag is
heavy enough as is. I often carry a 90mm elmarit or summicron (that is an
intimidating lens because of it's size and weight). I as ashamed to admit
that the images these old lenses produce are "sharp enough" and I have little
need to sharpen an already very sharp razor. I usually don't make images from
35mm larger than 16x20 and these old fashioned critters look just fine at
that size in either prints or slides (still a kodachrome fan). Just my $.02
    I miss the old Agrachrome. It was grainy, but I liked the color palate.
It had a pastel quality that was very pleasing as opposed to the bright
punchy color of today.

    Best wishes,

Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com