Subject: [Leica] Re: Godfrey's Heliar pic; some of mine; and some actual Leica pictures.
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 20:18:55 -0400

At 23 Oct 1999 18:45:47 +0000, D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> wrote:
> Jeff
> This picture WILL be even more awesome when it is in B&W.  Trust me.  Can
> you do it in monochrome?

Always glad to try an experiment I might learn something from...
Here's the color original:

  http://204.143.186.94/temp-displays/jpeg-nonmac-gamma/c3991013-16%5bescal%5d0705.jpeg

and here it is in greyscale:

  http://204.143.186.94/temp-displays/jpeg-nonmac-gamma/c3991013-16%5bescal%5dgreyified0705.jpeg

My initial instinct is to prefer the color one; but... well, while I
like the eye candy of the colored fluorescents and the touches of
color everywhere else, the forms are intriguingly left more to stand
on their own with the color dropped out.  H'mm.  Thanks for suggesting
this experiment.  I'll have to keep looking.

 -Jeff M.