Subject: Re: [Leica] FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com wrote:
From: Jerald Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@mpdr0.detroit.mi.ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:12:39 -0700

I am not sure what we are trying tosay using a 35MM LEica is superior to
a 4x5 or 8x10  image. WE are trying to compare apples and oranges. As
for sharpness I think that it is hard to beat a LF chrome that has
applied  the appropriate movements.  For me there is nothing like a 8x10
chrome. It will knock the socks off anything.  We all believe that there
is not anything better than a LEica 35MM image. If that was absolutely
true than there would not be a need for the MF industry or the LF
industry. Leica over the years would have totally destroyed there
markets. IT has been said that the 150MM F4 Schneider Tele Zenar for the
Rollei 600x cameras is is as sharp of the portrait lens that there ever
was. I believe that LEica is as good as it gets but there are other
options that can not be discounted.
I am new to Leica. I have not owned a 35MM camera for 5 years. I don't
have as much energy carrying a 8x10 or a 4x5, or a MF Rollei in the
field. So I felt I would find and buy the best 35MM tha there is. Sold
my Rollei 6003 and a few of the LF lenses to finace the LEica kit. I am
keeping the 4x5   and shooting the LF and the new Leica. Hope to meet
many of you at the show in New YOrk. I am coming in for the day from
Detroit.

Jerry Rosenfeld

I would like to thank  everyone for all of the information and the silly
questions that I have asked frm what type of bag to why does the battery
burn so fast