Subject: [Leica] Enlarger aligning & long URL's
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:46:59 -0700

First long URL's. Email programs are famous for splitting long lines into
two lines. Copy and paste the first part of the URL into your browser, then
browser. Then go.

Mike Johnston pointed me to an enlarger alignment tool (the Versalab
PARALLEL) http://www.versalab.com/server/photo/photo1.htm . This is the
slickest, easiest, coolest piece of equipment in the universe. It is so
simple and easy to use... it's amazing! Not only was I able to align my
enlarger absolutely "dead on", but it showed me that leaning on my enlarger
table (the enlarger is a wall mount chassis and not connected to the table
baseboard), the table sags and the alignment and focus is out. So "NO"
leaning on the table while focusing or exposing. This wouldn't be a problem
if your enlarger and baseboard are one unit.

I also ordered their 20x24 print washer because it looks as good as the
"really" expensive clear plastic complicated pretty washers. It's coming
ground UPS so I don't have it yet. I'll report later.

I'll be away photographing for a week starting tomorrow. No computer, just
cameras.

Jim