Subject: Re: [Leica] e-mail problem
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:47:15 GMT

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:10:22 -0400, Jonathan Borden
<jborden@mediaone.net> wrote:

>> We won't go into why I
>> should have to reboot a commercial OS periodically - it's as
>> though I had to
>> take the film out of my M6 every once in a while and then reload
>> it to make
>> the meter start working again.  Grumble.
>>
>> Paul Chefurka
>

>	Well you do, I mean you wouldn't leave film or a battery in an M6 for 10
>years, would you?

Close, but the issue is having to take drastic action to fix a problem
that shouldn't exist in the first place.  Harrison McClary has already
documented an example of this with an R8, so even Leicas aren't
immune.  I do change the oil in my car without complaint, though.

>On the other hand, if
>the 90 APO ASPH was disposable there might not be a rewind crank on the M6

I suppose even that lens can be considered  disposable if you're Bill
Gates and have enough people like me buying your flaky OS.
BTW, I've noticed there's no rewind crank on the F5.  And the
implication of that is of course...

Paul Chefurka