Subject: RE: [Leica] LTM lens
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:34:18 +0100

Dave,
(I'll presume you meant 'Jem' rather than 'Jim', it's short for Jeremy.)

Now that I check my source, 'Viewfinder 25/4' I find that it's not the
engraving that can define the difference (but that was what seemed obvious
in the comparitive photos!) but minor changes in the focusing mount.
However, it seems there are one or two defining statistics if you haven't
the other lens available for comparison!
Lens 2:	length 38.5mm, weight 178g
Lens 3: length 39.3mm, weight 188g

So good luck in determining the model.
I can't offer prices but would suggest selling either in the LHSA Catalog
or within the Canon Collectors Club (if any such organisation exists) for
maximising your investment!
It would seem the 2nd version is more than 100 times rarer than the 3rd
version!

best regards,
Jem