Subject: Re: [Leica] ....erratic film advance....
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:02:59 +0300

claire wrote:

> Dear friends,
> ... noticed (shock) that my latest roll of colour negs shot with R7
> and 50 Summicron (no winder or drive) have different widths between
> frames... some very close ... say 1 mm , and others can go up to 2.5mm
> apart.....
>
> Is there something wrong ?

Sounds really bad. The film can't be slipping because it's
sprocket-holed, so there's something with the advance mechanism
(maybe...)

> Do U think I should send it for checking ?

Only if it bothers you, or if it gets worse. Well no.... I guess you
should have it checked in any case, because maybe something's on the
verge of really seriously breaking down.

> TMLee, S'pore

Bernard, R'sia