Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica lenses combinations
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@club.innet.be>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:41:31 +0200

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be

> I think that you should try the 0.85 before making your decision. If you
go to a
> good shop like Photo Alpha, they will have both in stock and you can try
them.
> There is no question that the 0.85 is best for the 90mm lens. The deciding
> factor should be how you find it with the 35mm lens. I have both a 0.72
and 0.85
> M6, and I find the 35mm frame on the 0.85 perfectly visible even though I
wear
> glasses. But this is a decision you have to make for yourself.

Some thought from an new Belgian LUGger to two other ones

I wear glasses too and with 0.85+35mm frame I must move my eye to see one
edge AFTER the other one. So ...
Maybe it is according to the kind of problem you have (hypermetropy vs
myopy - I don't know). So the best thing to do is to check yourself. I think
that 35 + 90 (or 75) is the best choice with Leica M.

 > I plan to buy an M6 TTL, a Summilux 1:2/35mm ASPH & an APO-Summicron-M
 > 1:2/90mm ASPH.

If you buy a SummiLUX 1:2/35 give us the address - there is perhups a M7 in
the shop.

Salut à tous