Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash help
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 10:11:54 -0700

Alastair Firkin wrote:

> G'day Guys and Gals,
>
> For R7 experts:
> 1. what is the smallest flash unit that will operate on TTL mode on the R7
> 2. the R7 is activated by the Minolta flash units designed for the X series
> cameras, ie it turns to 100th of a second automatically and the flash
> symbol flashes at the bottom of the R side of the viewfinder. Does anyone
> know if the TTL setting on the Minolta flash will activate the TTL controls
> of the R7? When a flash is set on TTL does the R7 show something in the
> viewfinder to tell you that it is now in control of the flash system?
> 3. what is the best way to use fill flash with the R7?
>
> For SF20 users:
> How long do a set of batteries last, and can you use normal AAA pen-light
> size batteries in it?
>
> Thanks for the help. Could any replies be mailed to the group and to my own
> e-Mail address above please.
>
> cheers
>
> Alastair Firkin
>
> http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/AGFhmpg.html

Looks like the Metz mecablitz 20 B 5/20 BC 6 which I want for my M6 is not TTL
after all.
I just emailed Metz on our behalf at info@metz.de because I want to know too if
that little one I've had my eye on is TTL or not. The second one up from that
has no info icons on their poorly designed website.
http://www.metz.de/mecablitz/eng/Welcome.html

mark rabiner