Subject: RE: [Leica] Cartier-Bresson Tete-a-Tete
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:24:35 -0500

Jonathan

Nice writing.

So, we are close. I like your analysis very much. My argument is that He
wasn't first, wasn't  'first' for long, was revered too long for the wrong
reasons, and now the world is just incredibly HCB crazy (witness; first the
HCB commemorative M6 - and He stopped being a photographer way way back
around the CL time; and second all the BS here on the LUG about whatever
50mm lens He used)

I get a little upset when I see all the classic stuff overpriced (HCB =
Vincent vG minus the pain), and no homage paid to unrecognised masters of
the medium, who advance it, and sure could use the money. now.

best of mlight

Alistair