Subject: Re: [Leica] NYC with Leica m6?
From: Greg Locke <greg.locke@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 15:20:10 -0300

At 12:38 PM 02/11/99 -0500, you wrote:

><<I will be in NYC this November for a business trip.
>
>Is it save to travel with my Leica M6 and 75 Summilux, or should I just bring
>my Nikon 35Ti?

>Regards,
>Jerry S. Justianto

        I spent 2 weeks working on the streets of the lower east side and
walked all over Manhattan carrying many cameras and didn't lose a thing.

        I was threaten with my life more times then I cared for but left NYC
with everything I brought.... and some great pictures.

        That said,  use common sense. Don't flash what you don't have to and
be conscience of your surroundings and who is standing just a little too close.
Don't walk in isolated areas, explore crack houses, etc, etc, etc....

        The usual Big City survival awareness stuff.

have a good trip,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
http://www.straylight.ca/locke
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm