Subject: RE: [Leica] Next body -- M3/M6-.85?
From: Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 14:55:48 -0600

- --Boundary_(ID_hOD69Sn/Fig1eAie+P2vLA)

Just remember, if the 35 is a lens you use a lot, that frame will be harder
to see, especially if you wear glasses. My 35 Summicron makes up probably
60-75% of what I shoot, so the .72 finder is what I want/use. Of course, you
can always keep the 35 on your M4-P & you'll never have the problem. I've
used an M3 with a "Quick Load" kit. It's faster, but not nearly as good as
the M4 system. If I was to want a body that had a higher magnification,
though, I'd go with an M3 simply because they are less expensive than a
HM-M6, which is way too expensive being a low production item, or the TTL
M6, & live with the film loading. If you do anything other than get one of
the quick load kits, the expense involved with buying the M3 body & having
it modified will probably be wind up being as much as a user M6. The M3
rangefinder mechanism is wonderful. Yes, the M6 and M4-P use the same
winder.