Subject: RE: [Leica] Harumph
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:19:41 -0500

Mike,

you paraphrase original text to which I contributed, and to which others
took issue,  very inaccurately.

You will see that acknowledgement is made of HCB's high competence, if you
choose to read more carefully. What I object to is that we remain fixated on
him. Apparently because he was first, we (the world, not the LUG) seem to
accord his work much higher prices than that of other more (INVHO) talented
photographers who came (some marginally) after.

I saw no emoticons or anything else indicating tongue-in-cheek or some other
less than deadpan visage.

So, if you want to sum up a thread in one half of one sentence, please try
and get it more accurate.

Also IMHO, in the last couple of weeks, there has been significantly more
meaningful exchange on this group than in the very-runny-excrement laden
prior weeks.
respectfully,

Alistair