Subject: [Leica] Which street?
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 19:28:44 +0000

Any street with life on it will do. Often the picturesque streets are the
least interesting. Wrinkled old men, sunbaked doorways, bah! Give me a bit
of sixties brutalism and nineties ennui anyday.

I used to think that street photography in London was impossible, because
there was no street life, but over the last 10 years that has changed... it
has become a much more street oriented city. Bill Klein, Frank, Bresson,
Meyerowitz, they all came to London and struggled to find pictures. I think
they'd have a ball now. It's stopped looking like a postcard of itself. It
kind of looks like a postcard of the future to me.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"Nothing will dispel enthusiasm like a small admission fee" - Kin Hubbard