Subject: [Leica] Light? What light?
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:47:41 +0000

> I was out today in Vancouver. Street photography took on the winter meaning
> here. Some rain; overcast you might say. 1/60sec at 1/4 with 400ISO film in
> the brighter parts at around 1:30pm. One of those times you might want some
> fast glass. Even Mike Johnston could find a use for it here, I'm sure :-)

Same day in London -- exactly one stop more light! Gawd bless the 35/1.4. So
nice to keep shooting until it's dark.

The only way I can go shoot with my 20/5.6 at this time of year is pushing
TMY to 3200. (It looks so ugly at 5.6 you have to shoot at 8 minimum).

So I don't.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and a lightning bug" - Mark Twain