Subject: [Leica] leica digilux zoom
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 12:37:50 -0800

Actually, looking at both the Leica and Fuji sites it looks more like the Fuji MX 1700, which although has 1.5 M pixels, has 3x optical zoom.

Bob Rose

Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:59:58 +0100
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] leica digilux zoom

On 03-11-1999 22:30 Elizabeth Anderson wrote:

>I am strongly considering purchasing the new Leica Digilux zoom.  Does
>anyone out there have one?  Do you have any tips for me?  Any praise OR
>gripes?  How do you find this compares to others on the market?

On your last question: too little, too late. Others are already over 2
millions of pixels, the Leica only has 1.5 million. If you want the
"best" of what's currently available in this price range, get the Nikon
Coolpix 950.

>I am having problems finding a store which carries them - I may have to
>order one sight unseen.  While I know Leica automatically means highest
>quality, I still feel slightly nervous getting one without seeing it/testing
>it out.  Does anyone have any advice for me?

Don't be mistaken Beth. The Leica Digilux Zoom is nothing more than a
rebadged Fuji MX 2700. You may be easier off buying one of these if you
want to touch it first !

Kind regards,