Subject: RE: [Leica] That idiot Johnston again
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 12:21:48 -0500

At 11:25 AM 11/7/1999 -0000, B D Colen wrote:

>But more on target, I specifically remember speaking with several
>linguists - including someone at the Folger, who explained that the
>apostrophe was indeed replacing the "hi" in "his," as in, Marc's cameras, or
>Marc, his cameras....

I would most strongly suggest you post this absurd suggestion to ANSAXNET
to see what REAL calumny can be.  ANSAXNET consists of professional Old
English linguists and scholars.

You are wrong.  Please provide me with a single citation from a reputable
source, or hold your peace.

It is put-up or shut-up time, BD.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315