Subject: Re: [Leica] archives and scanners?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 20:02:45 +0100

Blair,

You can find a searchable LUG archive at:

http://lq.corenetworks.com/lq/search.html?ln=leicausers

but as Brian wrote, they have stopped adding to it sometime this spring.

The slide/neg scanner: I have a Nikon LS-2000 and am very happy with it (this
is in the $1000+ class). I think that the quality is every bit as good as
Kodak Photo CD if not better. For a low-cost solution, the HP Photosmart is
good, but it will not scan slides as well as the Nikon. For negatives (whether
color or B&W) it is fully adequate, and it is $500 or less.

Nathan

Blair Nonnecke wrote:

> Hi, I am new to the list or rather returning after a 3 year hiatus. I have
> a couple of questions.
>
> I keep seeing "NO ARCHIVE" on the bottom of messages. This suggests there
> is an archive of past messages. Is there one and can someone tell me where
> I can find this?
>
> I am also in the market for a 35mm slide/neg. scanner. I would appreciate
> recommendations/testimonials for scanners in two price ranges, under $1000
> and over $1000. I am intersted in making high quality prints up to 16x20,
> primarily B&W, but some colour. As well, how do these scans compare with
> those from a Kodak photo CD?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Blair

- --