Subject: Re: [Leica] Mirror on SL
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 22:53:00 +0100

- --------------E7193C132D0F3ACA6B3463A1

Julian,

I would pass on it unless the price is really low. Anyone who has used
cleaning solution on a mirror of an SLR may have done other "smart"
things to it...The SL is easy to find, and not expensive, so there is no
reason to buy a dubious one.

Nathan

Julian Koplen wrote:

> I have an opportunity to purchase a very clean (by description)
> Leicaflex SL, with the exception that the mirror is said to have some
> sort of mild crackle discoloration, causing a "consultant" from Olden
> Camera to speculate that maybe some sort of cleaning solution had been
> applied. The current owner says the viewfinder image is bright and
> clear. Can anyone tell from this description how serious this may
> actually be--and if a mirror repair became necessary, is it easily
> attained and not too costly? Thanks for any advice. Julian

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator