Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W Self Processing savings and advantages
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 19:23:56 -0800

mike pailliotet wrote:

> I am interested in learning how to process my own black & white film and I was
> hoping some one could tell me about how much it cost per roll (36) to just develop
> the film, using standard Kodak developing chemicals and keeping every thing to a
> minimum.
> Thanks a lot!
> Mike P

Pennies instead of dollars.
But other forums are more keyed into helping you with that type of thing.
We do some darkroom talk, but you are starting from scratch.
Divide the scratch into how many rolls it's supposed to develop then add the
cost of the fixer. :)
It works out to be definitely a good deal the development of your film being an
Art as much as a Craft whatever that means.
You can do it without a darkroom and get around to printing them whenever and however.
But you do it your way and there is lots of ways to do it. Lots of conflicting advice.
It is very satisfying photography as automatic and instant as it is.
You feel more responsible for your picture. It just didn't happen.... what came
back from the drugstore.
Mark Rabiner
"did they turn out?" I hate it when they ask me if my prints "turned out".
I say "no they didn't TURN OUT,
I MADE THEM, and they LOOK GREAT!"