Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Eric & Tudors
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:45:32 -0000

Marc - I know that there is nothing about which you don't know everything,
so I appreciate your proving my point:

The vast majority of the folks you mention are, in fact, celebrities, not
noted photographers. They are the same kinds of celebrities to whom Rolex
gives watches, or whom Coach uses in its handbag ads. And, even more
interesting, most of them have been dead for decades.

There is no question the M is a fabulous photographic instrument, and
Leitz/Leica is a company with a rich and varied history. There is also no
question, in my personal opinion, that in terms of modern marketing
practices, the folks running Leica today are, unfortunately, dead from the
neck up.

That's not meant as an insult to you, Marc, so please don't respond as if I
were insulting either you or a family member of yours. It's simply a comment
on what I see as the sad state of affairs at the company that produces the
photographic instrument I use.

B. D.