Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Eric & Tudors
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 13:54:55 -0500

At 11:45 AM 11/9/1999 -0000, B. D. Colen wrote:
>It's simply a comment
>on what I see as the sad state of affairs at the company that produces the
>photographic instrument I use.

Well, there is nothing "sad" about Leica giving cameras away to a select
few.  In any event, this is much more a feature of the Interwar years than
of the present:  I don't believe Leica has given any cameras away in the
past decade or so.

Incidentally, the two cameras gifted to Queen Elizabeth which you found so
horribly offensive were paid for by the West German Government.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!