Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Eric & Tudors
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:49:16 EST

>>Leica's giving free cameras to Queen Eliz. proves my point about their
>>twisted idea of marketing:>>>>

I have two thoughts on this one . . .

First, it's pretty bad that the camera is so expensive that even the Queen of
England can't afford one.

Secondly, they're probably just appealing to that lucrative "Royal" market.
You know, once the Queen starts using a Leica, then all the dukes and
duchesses will want one too . . .

On a more serious note, I saw a photo book on the blowout table at Hastings
the other day. It was a book of photos taken by celebrities -- old movie and
tv actors mostly but a few politicians as well. The photos were pretty
marginal on the whole but it was interesting in that it included comments
about photography and these particular "stars" love of making pictures.
Obviously most of it came from a time when photography was a much more common
hobby or recreational pursuit  . . . oh, and yes, many of them used Leicas .
. .

Bob (I guess even a Queen needs a handout now and then) McEowen