Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Inks
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:43:58 -0500

Deborah Dion wrote:

> The longevity of these inks matches that of traditional photographic
prints.

> Debby Dion

    So called 'archival' inkjet inks don't compare to either silver B&W
toned in selenium/gold or Cibachrome/Ilfochrome 'classic' ... and I still
haven't seen an inkjet picture which visually holds a candle to either of
these processes done correctly.... and in terms of archiving, I'd rather
print off a sixty year old negative or like aged Kodachrome any day of the
week rather than a like aged piece of magnetic media, format
incompatibilities aside. Really really really long term archiving on machine
readable media has not yet been done.

Jonathan Borden