Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital Inks
From: Deborah Dion <dkdion@home.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 15:13:29 -0500

Pascal wrote:

> The main weakness of the digital system remains the short longevity of
> prints. I have put up a digital print on the refrigerator just to see how
> long it would take before you can start seeing differences. Now, that
> print is in a well-lit kitchen, but not in direct sunlight. It took me
> some 4 months after which the picture started to fade in a yellow-ish
> way. This mileage may vary when using different inks or under different
> lighting conditions.

Lyson makes archival inks for the epson stylus 3000 as do several other
companies. Refer to CameraArts April/May 1999 and June/July 1999 issues for
some good articles on digital printing. I have not used Epson inks since I
got the stylus 3000. I believe that there are archival inks under
development or currently available for the lower end Epson printers.  The
longevity of these inks matches that of traditional photographic prints.

Debby Dion