Subject: [Leica] M4 + 35/f2.8 Summaron
From: Randy Holst <rholst@micron.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 23:30:59 -0700

Hello All,

My name is Randy Holst, I'm new to this list but have been on the Rollei
list for a while (and learning a lot).

I've had an M5 in the past, didn't like it as a user camera, but want to
try a Leica again.  I've found what appears to be a good deal at a local
camera store on a used chrome M4 (1968 vintage according to my Leica
Pocket Book) and a chrome 35/f2.8 Summaron lens.  The camera has me sold
but I'm not sure about the lens.  It appears to be in good shape, but I
was wondering about it's performance reputation.  Anyone have any
comments on this lens (as compared to the 35/f2 Summicron that I can't
afford right now)?

Thanks,

Randy Holst
Boise, Idaho