Subject: RE: [Leica] M Campaign
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:59:58 -0000

Hey, Eric, the Cereal Killer also had control over Newsday, the last paper I
worked for. And one of the first things he did when he took over TMirror was
to shut down New York Newsday, which was - a) the best paper in New York in
terms of covering New York; and b) finally on the verge of turning a profit.

I think that, in terms of not understanding the product, there is a parallel
here. Unfortunately, the policy of bringing in a "manager" who only knows
"management" is permeating every industry.

B. D.