Subject: Re: [Leica] The excess R8 inventory, was: Neiman Marcus (was M campaign)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 07:52:25 -0800

>Bill Erfurth wrote:
>
>> If Herr Cohnis 'serious' about turning the company around (more on this
>>in a minute) he has to increase sales by introducing new products, and
>>also move that glut of R8s he has sitting in the warehouse.  For what
>>ever reason, he has chosen to "blow off" the Christmas season with out
>>even an attempt to move the excess R8 inventory.  That to me is
>>unbelievable.>>>>>>>

I wondered if this "glut" of R8 bodies has been actually verified, seen
sitting on wharehouse shelves  or is this a sort of LUG rumour running
around and around for the past few months.?

If this is the case with the numbers in the thousands sitting on shelves,
then it's a crime they let a major "Christmas / holiday season" slip away
without a major advertising attempt. But then again, they may be quiet
until there are sufficient "motors available"  ( snicker snicker ) :)
rolling on the floor laghing.....to make a better deal all round.:)

Naw it's OK guys and gals the motors will be here soon!;)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant