Subject: RE: [Leica] Is the M5 an Edsel?(PRODUCT OF A GOLDEN AGE IN WETZLAR)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:57:03 -0800

>> I am thinking of  purchasing a working M5 but I've been told, by a
>> professional photographer, that "the M5 is the Edsel of Leica".  Is this
>> so?

In hindsight I wish I had kept at least one of three I worked with on a
daily basis. It is a fine camera, although it would probably feel strange
when you use it and M6's at the same time. Much like working with a couple
of R7's and an R8.

I wouldn't hesitate for a second if you have the opportunity to buy one at
a good price, you can't go wrong with it. Besides, if you don't like it you
can always sell it and probably for a few dollars more than you paid. :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant