Subject: [Leica] What's loud?
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:51:07 +0000

>>>Rough translation: "The Leica M concept defines itself by the
determining
criteria of silence. On this point the RF isn't better than reflex types

(for example certain EOS models)"<<<

That isn't terribly helpful...the old Elan and A2 models are very quiet
indeed, whereas the EOS-1 is quite loud. This could also constitute a
certain M-centric "crowing" since the fixed-lens Hexar is more silent
than the Leica M6.

My "new" screwmount IIIf is louder than the M6, too.

Again, I think people will have to hear for themselves before concluding
that the Hexar RF is "loud...loud...loud," as one of us did the other
day. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying we don't really have
sufficient information yet.

- --Mike