Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica has some nerve . . . .
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:09:45 -0500

- -----Original Message-----

>My question is:  every Leica lens I look at (new or used) has a lens cap;
>but every Leica lens I buy is missing the lens cap.  I want to know where
>they are all going.  Or are Leica lens caps (front and rear) the larval
>stage of AOL CD's that come in the mail about 3 times a week?
>
>rp johnson

They fall off!!!  After losing a few (one nice stamped metal one lasted less
than an hour) I got smart and got those little elastic straps with the
string and a stick-on tab.  Also, if you tuck the string under the cap that
goes on the reversable Summicron hood it helps it stay on.  The older lenses
have bottle caps and the like on them now.

Mike D