Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF...Good News...Bad News
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:35:20 EST

<<As we have said time and time again, Leica can sell every M6 they make.>>

With all the gloom and doom being reported here, I want to offer a bit of an
antidote.  I was at Calumet Photo in Chicago today to stock up on paper for a
major printing session this weekend.  I was talking to the Leica salesman
about this and that when he told me that their sales of M cameras have been
rising steadily for a few years.   They sell to both pros and amateurs.  They
also move a fair amount of used gear.  He doesn't have a problem with
price-said they are competitive with N & C.  The R8 however is a hard sell
for them because of the lack of a motor, AF, etc.

Thought you'd like to know,
Richard Wasserman