Subject: Re: [Leica] M2-W
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:50:43 -0500

"Stewart, Alistair" wrote:

> OOPS, correction to framelines for the M2-W
>
> s/be 24/35, 28/90, 50/75.
>
> retail - $1200, inc 3+2 Passport, (well hell they charge $300 for a new M6
> circuit board). And it it helps to save more $$$, not eliminate the dumb
> winderrrrrr circuitry. Hell if you're going for the entry level model, you
> sure don't need a winder high on your M wishlist. But keep the little winder
> tooth cut-out so the ARW/M6 will still work, or even better, go back right
> to the real deal M2 style shaft.
>
> Sell it as a kit for $2000 with the resurrected last non-asph 35 'cron.
>
> DonJr hould approve - no plastic thingy in the frame counter, neither.
>
> best of function over toy-value,
>
> Alistair

LOTS OF SNIP

Alistair,

An interesting approach. I never thought I would participate in one of
the LUG's ongoing "what I would like" diatribes.  But, here's where I
differ on your viewfinder wishlist: 24/50, 28/75, 35/90. I find the
50/75 combination as it now exists in the M6 Classic a little too close
when I'm working quickly. I'd rather see as much space as possible
between any two displayed framelines. The rest of your proposal I like.

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/