Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Not taken seriously.
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:29:30 -0600

Marc,

[snip]
>wasn't completely familiar with the operation of my camera. The dealer even
>said, "That's a lot of camera for someone like you." I'm not sure what he
>meant by this, but I infer from the statement that he thought I somehow
>didn't deserve the camera because I didn't know it well enough, and that

Don't sweat it.  I have also experienced it on the LUG.  (Quite a few years
ago when I first was on the LUG I was asking questions about how good a
lens was - it may have been the 35/1.4 ASPH (one of the 1.4 at any rate)
and was told off by a very well know journalist, who has not been on the
LUG for many years, on the basis that as I wasn't a professional
photographer, I shouldn't have the lens. Much like that statement made to
you above.  I guess you could say that I lost my cool and we went at it on
and off the LUG for while.  I think that Marc Small will remember.  I think
that he was disgusted with me when I apologized on the LUG for reason I
won't go into.  I am really sorry that I let my self go as it didn't
accomplish anything.)

But it is exasperating.

Dick Hemingway
Plano, TX