Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V13 #26
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:40:29 EST

Marc's story parallels my own.  When I was young (makes me sound really old
now) and in high school, I worked in a camera store that sold Leica.  I was
the youngest salesman, at 15, who was allowed to sell Leica.  On my days off,
I would go to the biggest dealers in Chicago to ogle even more Leica
equipment.  I'd save up my paychecks to buy Leicas.  It was amazing the
condescending attitude a lot of these dealers took!  I'd get tired of this
attitude and would not patronize those dealers, unless they had something
really special to offer.
I swore that if I ever sold Leica, I would not take an attitude like this
with a customer and only make a judgment about a customer once I spent the
time getting to know them.  After all, Leicas are special and so is a Leica
customer.
Well, sixteen years ago, I became a Leica dealer.  I have always kept my
promise about prejudging or taking a snobbish attitude with my customers.
Never judge a book by its cover.  Always take the time to listen to your
customer and get to know them.  To me, this is the best way to serve your
customer and build your business through these personal relationships.

Bill Rosauer