Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V13 #26
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:28:19 -0700

Had a dose of the Leica Dealer snobbery from a Leica rep at a Leica Day
event at a store earlier this year.

I have been using leica M's for the last 15 years, and for a good proportion
of that professionally. I was basically ignored by the Leica Rep, even when
I tried to ask questions about the M6TTL. But, a customer who looked like
(and upon chatting with him later, was) a well paid dentist did get
immediate attention. Even worse, there was a young student by the side of me
trying to get attention and be able to look at some of the new lenses etc.
He looked like a student - old combat jacket, scruffy hair, old military
haversack - which, upon opening turned out to have 2 well used m3's and a
few lenses in it - nevertheless, he was basically ignored.

I must say, I was pretty pissed off at the treatment by this time. I did
have one little bit of satisfaction though - they had a stack of Leica
Fotografie magazines there. I pointed to the current issue and naively asked
the rep if you could take photo's like that if you had one of their
camera's. At this he perked up - "sure can" he said (or words to that
effect), and started into a spiel about leica lenses. At which point I cut
him short with "damn right you can, it's one of my photo's".  I then went to
talk to the student - guy in his early 20's who was very much into Leica's.

The company really should learn.

Tim A