Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF The Bad News Boys
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:02:50 -0800

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

> Mark:
>
> I NEVER said the m6 was a piece of junk.
>
> I wrote "I hate the M6. Crappy meter, fumbly loading, flash sync at a
> 50th, no real motor."
>
> Other than the rangefinder flare on the latest M6s, I don't think
> there is a better built camera.
> Still, these are hard flaws to deny. I'm a photographer, not a fan,
> so the function is sometimes secondary to the build quality.
>
> Tom
>
> > but your idea "the camera
> >just holds the film." Doesn't back up your original idea that I had a problem
> >with in the first place about the M6 being a piece of junk because it's sync
> >speed is only 1/50 ...
> >Mark Rabiner

I have the motor and it's as real as the MD 11's and 12's I'm used to from
Nikon.
Works great. Widely maligned by those who've have never tried it.
And I have no problem with the loading now that I trust the instructions that
come with the camera and've forgone helpful instructions by the uninformed
behind the camera counters. I've shot hundreds of flawless rolls of film.
Dropped the camera repeatedly for 6.5 years. Been in the shop once for five
minutes while I watched the tweak the focusing, now I do it.
Meter works absolutely perfectly. Compleatly uniform contact sheets. What's with you?
Mark Rabiner