Subject: Re: [Leica] Vote With Your Feet.
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 11:33:27 -0500

>I hope that when you shop for Leicas in Quebec, that you don't actually pay
>the sticker price on the camera!
>
>Dan C.
	--> Like that C$8500 ostrich M6/Summicron 35 pre-ASPH model
	I've been offered for a mere C$5000 ...   :+)

	It's more a matter that some business people hike their
	prices to let gullible consumers think they get a great
	deal. It's all a pretty touchy subject but it sure
	makes sense not to support businesses that play such
	games with their customers or don't have the intelligence
	of taking the time and adequate effort to properly price items.
	I've seen sales personnel, in other fields, run about for
	a price while the customers lay waiting, waiting and
	waiting, eventually to walk out of there.

	That's symptomatic of a very poorly managed business
	and, then, what sort of customer care would you expect
	from people who don't even have the good sense
	of using their spare time to get themselves organized,
	to the extent of not even bothering of pricing their
	inventory ??? Just imagine their inventory control / purchases
	procedures, their accounting, their general business practice...

	To me, that also bespeaks of a mentality that any customer
	simply is not considered other than as a money spender,
	and the dealer becomes a box pusher: one more, one less ...
	Even if I take your money, is there not something more
	you can eventually expect, specially for high end gear
	like Leica brand items ???

	Best regards,

	Andre Jean Quintal