Subject: [Leica] ramblings from Bangkok or lens caps & stuff
From: Ian Stanley <stanley@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 11:41:20 +0700

Greetings all,

	Things have been busy of late in the land of perpetual heat, humidity and
endless photo opportunities.  The search for a darkroom space has turned
out to be more difficult than I first imagined but I have been shooting too
much to worry about it.  I have been processing my film at home and having
contact prints made at a local pro shop - they do good, consistent work
with both the b&w and my E-6 stuff.  Because of the lack of a darkroom I
took a three day intensive one on one course on Photoshop and printing with
a company here in Bangkok and I was very impressed with the results.  So
impressed that I have a new computer, printer and scanner on order and can
hardly wait to get started on my own.  This company also offers various
combinations of tours and workshops here in Thailand check them out if you
are interested.  http://www.lenscape.com

	Lost lens caps - I was in Ayuthaya, the old capitol of Thailand, the other
day. I sat down on a section of old wall to change film and there was a
Leica lens cap #4041 - unfortunately it was just the cap and not the lens
as well.  My efforts to convince my wife that now that I have the lens cap
it would be a good idea to get the lens as well are in jeopardy as I do not
know which lens this comes from!!  If any of you left the cap there let me
know and I'll send it off to you.

	The monsoons are almost at an end and I am out almost every day as there
is so much to work with here.  Drop me a line if any of you are travelling
through this way and we'll cruise for snaps.

Cheers,

Ian