Subject: [Leica] Re: ultra wide
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 23:37:07 -0800

I've been shooting with the Voigtlander Heliar Aspheric 15mm f/4.5 since
August. It continues to amaze me with its sharpness, high degree of
correction, and remarkably low price.

I've not seen anything from the Sigma lens, but the Heliar 15 is at least
the equal of my Nikkor 20/3.5 and was the equal of the Contax G's Zeiss
Hologon 16 for general pictorial work when I compared them. (The
comparison is on my website.)

Besides the comparison photos, I have two photos taken with the Heliar 15
on my website which I think demonstrates the lens performance nicely. See
the links for "Fisherman at the Wharf" and "Morro Bay" on my main web
page.

best,
Godfrey
  <http://www.bayarea.net/~ramarren/>