Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanners
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:30:01 +0100

Nils,

I have the Nikon LS-2000 and I am very happy with it. I upgraded from the HP
Photosmart to get the higher dynamic range for slides, and I have not been
disappointed. The only quibble I have with it is that the film loader sometimes
jams if the film is too curly and I try to insert a strip of 5 or 6 negatives.
But this is not a major problem, as it is also possible to scan negatives
through the slide attachment using an adapter which is furnished with the
scanner.

Nathan

Nils Ohlson wrote:

> Does anyone want to venture forth with an opinion or two on quality 35mm
> film scanners in the Polaroid SprintScan 4000, Nikon Coolscan 2000, Minolta
> Dimage et al catagory? Thanks.
>
> Nils Ohlson
> nohlson@nh.ultranet.com

- --