Subject: Re: [Leica] Doug Herr tries R8!
From: Terry Maltby <leicar8@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:01:16 -0800

- --------------28835A6B62F34DFBBA5A3CBE

Hi, Doug. I have a mint 400 mm f/6.8 and when I mount it to my R8 I get hardly
any information in the viewfinder display. Additionally, in my R7 all I get is
the computed shutter speed and, on the left, the symbol for the program mode I
have chosen; thus, no aperture setting confirmation in either body's
viewfinder. Frustrating, to say the least! Is this perhaps because of the age
of this lens' bayonet mount? Or something else? Thanks in advance for your
thoughts.

Terry

Doug Herr wrote:

> I used the R8 with no winder, and with the standard viewscreen, on my 400mm
> and 560mm f/6.8 Telyts, and my "new" 250mm f/4 Telyt.  All lenses were used
> with Leica shoulder stocks.  A pair of Black Oystercatchers obligingly
> appeared in the Weston Beach area and gave me many opportunities to test
> the R8.

- --------------28835A6B62F34DFBBA5A3CBE

<HTML>
Hi, Doug. I have a mint 400 mm f/6.8 and when I mount it to my R8 I get
hardly any information in the viewfinder display. Additionally, in my R7
all I get is the computed shutter speed and, on the left, the symbol for
the program mode I have chosen; thus, no aperture setting confirmation
in either body's viewfinder. Frustrating, to say the least! Is this perhaps
because of the age of this lens' bayonet mount? Or something else? Thanks
in advance for your thoughts.

<P>Terry
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Doug Herr wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I used the R8 with no winder, and with the standard
viewscreen, on my 400mm
<BR>and 560mm f/6.8 Telyts, and my "new" 250mm f/4 Telyt.&nbsp; All lenses
were used
<BR>with Leica shoulder stocks.&nbsp; A pair of Black Oystercatchers obligingly
<BR>appeared in the Weston Beach area and gave me many opportunities to
test
<BR>the R8.
<BR><A HREF="http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/telyt"></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>