Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Not Alone in Cost Cutting
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 14:10:10 EST

In a message dated 11/15/99 1:51:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
AStewart@gigaweb.com writes:

<< Um, was this a joke that my inadequate sense of humour didn't get, or are
 you really saying that ceteris paribus, there is an 11oz weight difference
 between your two 283's? I have several 283's 285's, and I'd guess that they
 actually weigh around 12oz-1lb. >>

That's what happens when I'm typing and talking to someone at the same time!
On my scale the Japan and China 283's weigh 410g and 340g respectively (no
batteries in either)...that's roughly a 17% reduction, still significant in
terms of wondering what omissions/substitutions took place to account for it.
 The lighter 283 feels better on my M6, although it still *looks* grotesque ;
)

DT