Subject: Re: Re:[Leica] Beginner questions on M6 TTL and M6HM TTL
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 22:04:12 EST

I just purchased a 90mm Summicron ( a used "first compact," i.e. 49mm filter
size version) which I am using with my M4-P. I haven't shot enough film
through it to reach any firm conclusions yet but my sense is one needs to be
pretty darn dilligent about the focus (duh, when do you not with a
telephoto?). I've wondered if the purchase of a M3 or (gasp!) a HM-M6 might
not be a good idea down the road. What do y'all think? Do you find the .72
viewfinder adequate for a 90mm f2.0 -- I guess it is presumed to be since
that's all Leica has offered since the M4 until the M6HM. But beyond adequate
do you find the higher mag viewfinders to be an advantage? As much as I like
the M4 loading (yes, I actually LIKE it), I'm thinking an M3 is probably more
likely seeing as how I'm a tightwad bottom feeder sort of guy . . .

Bob (asks many questions about 90mm lenses and viewfinders) McEowen