Subject: [Leica] Catch 22 on Leica-Users Community
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 19:13:19 -0000

I'm having trouble becoming a member on the new web community set up to show
pictures taken with a Leica.

As specified by the website, I've set up a Hotmail account and passport
which seems to work OK. However, after having replied to the standard MSN
passport validation letter (to confirm my Freeserve account) I get an error
message to check that the URL (that I need to reply to) is the same as they
had written - obviously, this is so as all I did was click on it! Anyway,
I've tried repeatedly to confirm and also tried to copy and paste the URL to
my browser. All to no avail!

Consequently, I have no luck in applying for membership at the website as it
still expects me to respond to the MSN Passport validation request first.
So, a couple of days ago, I reported the problem to MSN Passport who
promptly replied that they were already aware of the problem and were trying
to rectify the situation.

However, I can't understand why this isn't easily fixed by them, surely they
can revise the URL easily?.

So, at this moment in time, I can't become a new member until they (MSN?)
confirm my Freeserve ID !! This is annoying me as I've managed to send
messages between my Freeserve and Hotmail accounts so can't see what their
problem is. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? I notice on the
website that there are no new members registered this week, so maybe the
community is stuck until MSN get it fixed?

Paul.