Subject: Re: [Leica] Beginner questions on M6 TTL and M6HM TTL
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:40:14 -0800

BradFarr@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/17/99 8:07:48 AM, Joel.O'Rourke@osd.pentagon.mil writes:
>
> >I too wear glasses, and would like to use a 35 lens on an M6. I recently
> >tried an M6 TTL HM at a local dealer's, and with the 35 lens mounted, the
> >framelines were impossible to see without moving the viewfinder around
>
> Is this the consensus from eyeglass wearers?
> I had thought since the .85 finder had framelines for the 35mm lens, there
> would be essentially no disadvantages to the .85 finder unless one tried to
> use a 28mm lens.
> Does the .85 vs .72 finder make much difference with the 75mm lens?
> For someone who wears glasses and plans to use 35 and 75 lenses, what finder
> magnification would you recommend, .72 or .85, and why?
> Thanks,
> Brad Farr
> (a former lurker)

On the .85 the 35mm framelines are close to where the 28mm framelines were on
the .72.
I like to almost see them with my glasses on with the .72.
And I do a lot of work with 90's and 135's with the .72 and no problem.
I like the .72 and am getting another one. If they made a .60 I would strongly
consider it.
I don't' think the .85 is all that different but mathematically it gives you an
edge with the longer lenses they say.
Mark Rabiner