Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bulk Film, was: Re: brick, INVENTORY
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:39:58 EST

In a message dated 11/17/99 10:43:06 PM, ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<< Or like when we go over there, and you think we all live in igloos up here
in the frozen north ;)  We do have better beer though <g>

First, where's "up here"?

Regarding beer: I guess it's OK to call American beer "beer" when that's all
you're talking about (American beer, that is). But when you toss it in with
what the rest of the world drinks then it really deserves a different name --
"heavy water" maybe. Still, I must confess that when I go to one of these
"Beers of the World" bars I'll sample a few foreign offerings but eventually
settle into something a little closer to home. They say beer is an acquired
taste. I guess I've only acquired the taste for pilsner. I used to drink
Budweiser by choice but since I started on the low-carb diet thing I've been
drinking Miller Lite -- only 3.2 grams of carbohydrates per bottle.

Incidently, I generally make a practice when traveling to ask the bartender
for a "local" beer. You'd be surprised how many stare blankly and say, "We've
got Budweiser." Of course, having grown up in St. Louis, that IS a local beer
to me.

Bob (it all comes from the same horse) McEowen