Subject: [Leica] First compact M-90mm Summicron
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 00:28:53 EST

Can somebody fill me in on the history behind the first compact version of
the M 90mm Summicron -- the 49mm filter thread version. Specifically, how
come it lasted only two years? Was it because the hood covered the aperture
ring or because the hood was so short. Was there some performance issue with
this lens? How does it compare optically to the later compact version? I
already bought one I'm just curious . . .

Bob (sorta late to ask now) McEowen