Subject: Re: [Leica] The dustbin of history
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 08:10:57 -0800

Mike Johnston wrote:

<<<<And anyway, the _reductio ad absurdum_ of your contention, Ted, is that
we should give up trying to learn anything about history, since everybody
who really knew what happened is dead anyway. Actually, this view is
depressingly
widespread these days, even in the schools.  >>>>>>

<<<<And anyway, the _reductio ad absurdum_ of your contention, Ted, is that
we should give up trying to learn anything about history,>>>>

Not so. Sorry that's your contention!

How foolish of me to engage in this AA topic for I know not of what I
speak! Not to mention that I'm a photographer, not an eloquent writer! I
just can't imagine what happened to my common sense!

ted